Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 
Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette)

This is Tex Williams from around 1947. He was a big influence on Dan Hicks who I talked about the other day, and Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen. Commander Cody was really George Frayne and he was from Ann Arbor Michigan, where I lived for a while when I got out of High School. I knew his brother, but George was a lot younger than me. I met George again in 1969 when the Airmen moved to San Francisco. I remember seeing them in like 1970 at the Fillmore with the Doors and Doug Kershaw the fiddler.

Next I'll post a dan hicks or a Cody. Thanks to Ponder Pig for the video tips.

Comments:
good motion picture
 
Thanks new person from France. Come back often. I'm back in the groove! Get in the groove and let the good times roll!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?