Friday, October 06, 2006

 

Back home again...

It's really fall now. It's cooling fast and the leaves they are a changin'. This is my first day out since I got back home. I don't want to write about it here but write to me at foghornguy@hotmail.com for the whole story.


My son took me out for Breakfast yesterday and we went here. The Center Diner used to be called Digger's Diner and for us old coots it still is. It was owned by an Indian family and the grand-dads name was Digant.


This was breakfast. I promised to just have the friendly heart oatmeal but couldn't just pass up these cakes. Dont worry, I didn't eat all the butters. Just a little bit

These young gals work at the Diner. When it was Digger's Diner we all called the gals the Diggers. They sure don't look like the diggers from olden times do they Ponder Pig?

Comments:
So, you can work at the diner if you look like Daisy Duke? I'd be worried about spilling hot coffee below my cut-offs! Yikes!!

Hee hee!
 
I was gonna ask that same question. Is that the usual garb for waitresses in Toronto diners?

Glad to see you're out and about again Fog.
 
This isn't what they wear at the diner. This is what they wore at the benefit softball game they have every summer for the local kid's shelter. I thought it was more interesting than the stereotyped uniforms they wear. Peg wanted to bop me in the head for posting it but she knows a whack like that might kill me. So I'm taking advantage of the situation while I can. Tee hee!
 
I still have the hand-typed recipe for Digger Bread that you could get from the smiling folks who handed out the free loaves from the back of a pickup truck. You can make 15 loaves or just one, using coffee cans. I never made 15 loaves. Kneading 15 lbs. of flour was more than I could handle!

I love the last line on the page: "The making of bread is endorsed by the Diggers, the Communication Company and the Council for a Summer of Love. Besides, it's delicious. For further info: Mary, 362-6374" Oh Mary, are you still up to your elbows in wonderful yeasty dough, blessing people with warm bread?
 
Hey, love your new chicken picture. I always figured you belonged here in the talking animals barnyard. Someday I'll write about my short but critical friendship with Peter Berg, one of the original Diggers and Mime Troupe stalwart.
It's great to have you back online again.
 
How could they throw a baseball with butter fingers? How was their coffee...I don't do cakes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?