Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Not Yet The Long Sleep

I wrote this when I turned 30. It was 1966 and I didn't think I'd live until 40. It was two years before I met Peg and was in the middle of a lost weekend that lasted until 1969. But here I am today, still stamping on the earth. No regrets at least not yet. Thanks to Pondering Pig I'm digging again or rooting for some of these old gems.
Glittering dark, dancing
Before my eyes, closed
Everything I see, shadowed
In roaring silence
I hear
Falling
A feather
Soundless, a brush
My lovers touch
Bitter, life's bile
Sweet, love's taste
Shadows of tomorrow
Darken the path of yesterday
What was will not be
What is, stands
Before my eyes, open.

Comments:
I was born in 1966, and have lived a whole lifetime of my own memories since you wrote that poem. I am glad your long weekend ended. I am glad you wrote that poem.
 
Thanks Paula. Life is better than the alternative. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. I'm just alive and well and living still. Keep on truckin' as we used to say, some still do.
 
Hey Fogman, what are you thinkin about now? We demand more posts!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?