Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Can't sleep

After some prodding by Pondering pig I deceided to post some old pics from the old days in San Francisco.


Who can forget the Robert crumb posters of the day. This was always one of my favorites.



This was in Golden Gate Park in 66. The Charlatans were playing and Canned Heat too. I think Blue Cheer was there that day but I don't have any band pics.




The guy sitting down is Diamond Jack. The guy dancing was living next door to me on Haight 2 doors from the dead but I never knew his name. My second wife, Ellen, called him dirvish because was a spinner kind of like sufi dancers in the mid east.




This pretty much sums it all up for me. In fact I don't feel any different now, except I don't use the f word any more so much.

Comments:
Wow, those are amazing photos!! Do you have others?

I saw a guy JUST like whirling-dervish-man at the Edmonton Fringe Festival last week. Practically the same clothes...his nod to the present times showed in his short spiky haircut, but he walked all over the place with a burning stick of incense in his mouth. It was so cute.

And yes. I agree with you about the war.
 
Thanks for posting these, Fog. I think I was there that day. A good friend of mine, Vale Hamanaka, was the organ player for Blue Cheer. Then one night they all went to see the Jimi Hendrix Experience, decided "heavy" was the word of the day, reorganized as a power trio, bought giant Marshall amps, and Vale became the ex-organ player for Blue Cheer.
 
Makes me wonder. Stay home and dance and make music, or go "over there" and murder or be killed in a "Police Action" or whatever they called it. Nothing changes really. I wonder if it ever will? Our Canadian Peacekeepers as they are named, keep dying "over there" none die here...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?