Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Some Florida Pics And Our Beatty

Im nowhere the Photog like Leo or Petrushka or Larry or the other Peggi but these are some of the ones I am happiest with from our trip. I shot about 200 pics so I'm sure I will have some more to post eventually. We've been home here for going on 3 weeks and we still haven't unpacked everything.


I don't know who was a bigger pest? the kid or the pellican? The boy was a neighbor to Beatty's assisted living apartment and he was probably good company but a pest.

The next shot is from a sail boat as we were passing kids on the beach. I tried climbing the mast and almost tipped the boat. No more for us old guys.
In the next one I climbed up on a lifeguard tower. The lifeguard was pretty angered so I left. It was a good spot for pics though.
The next one is from Loxahathcee Everglades Tours that we took about a week before we left. This guy was a trip. We were on one of those huge airboats and when we stopped the pilot let me climb the back rigging to get this shot. This gator didn't move for thewhole 20 minutes we were there. The docant figured he had just eaten and wasnt interested in us. Good.

Just some kids and mom and pop at Ft. Meyer. There were about 15 people working on this sand castle but they were all gone except for these folk's. It was about 10:00 and everyone else had split for lunch or something. The next day this masterpiece was gone.



My Mom-in-Law Beatty Levine about a week before she died. She was 91. We miss her a lot.

Comments:
Cool pics Foggy. I hope we see more.
 
I love sandcastles because they are so impermanent. I must have secret Zen tendencies hiding in my faith, but it seems to me that anything that encourages you to fully enjoy the moment is a good thing!
 
What a lovely last photo of your mother-in-law. She looks happy and not in pain. This will always be a good picture to look at when you miss her throughout the years to come, because it will bring back the best kinds of memories.

The last photo I have of my sister taken before she died shows her in great pain from years of cancer. I can't look at it without the feelings of grief and sadness returning just as if it all happened yesterday instead of 15 years ago. I hide it away, but sometimes it comes up when I'm not expecting it and stabs me in the heart. Then I have to find the ones of good times. But I can't throw it away, even though I don't want to see it...
 
I agree with Patrushka about the photo of your mum-in-law...simply beautiful.
 
I like the "lots of folks enjoying the beach" shots too. So cheerful, and folks in happy stances scattered hither and yawn like in a Where's Waldo book.
 
Hi Foghorn! I think these photos are just awesome - I really like the one of the boy and the pellican (lots of personality in that pic, fer shur =) I agree with the comments about the photo of your mother-in-law too - I'm sure it's an image you & your family will always treasure. My Dad passed away this year and I have a photo of him that I took in a canyon here in AZ looking very happy and peaceful, taken a few months before he passed away...a true reminder of how precious and fleeting life is - grasp those moments as they happen and hold them close...thanks for sharing the pics!
 
I've often wondered, when someone of 80+ years closes their eyes and imagines themselves, what do they see? I see a sparkle in your mother-in-law's eyes that far belies her age and failing health. Our bodies age, grow weary and worn, but inside spirits shine strong. What a blessing to have had her through life's season...I lost both my parents while in their 50's. Some would say it was a blessing that neither they nor I had to go through the experience of them growing old and feeble or dealing with degenerative diseases, but I can't help but feel we all got short changed by missing a chapter or two. As I fast approach the ages they were at death I realize I have no role model or map for my later years. Guess I'll have to fake my way through as I have thus far...

Thanks for sharing the pics, you've got some great images.
 
Thanks folks for your comments. Things have been difficult since we got back from Florida and I havent rebounded quite yet. I have lots of ideas for blog stuff but no motivating force to get me a-going again. I see from hitting the locals like the pig and leo and chronicler that none of us are up to form. Maybe its the weather?

Peace, brothers and sisters.
Hugh
 
So I've been comparing your scenes of FLORIDA beach with the recent ones Pondering Pig posted of CALIFORNIA beach. I've spent time on both coasts and am trying to put my finger on the difference. Any thoughts? I'll pose this same question on Pig's blog and see what the community has to say in either place.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?