Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Ivan Dziedzek



This is Ivan Dziedzek (pronounced Jay-Jak) in front of Dooley's market in Flint in about 1946 or 47. Ivan and Mom got married when we were in Chicago about 5 years after dad died. He was about 10 years older than her. His birthday was the same as Lincoln's, February 12. He was born exactly 100 years later though. He grew up in DeKalb and they always had a parade on Lincoln's birthday and his brother Morris said Ivan would always think the parade was for him when he was a kid.

I never called Ivan dad, but he was as good a one as any kiddo could have. He treated me like I was his. Since I was an only child and he and mom never had any together, I guess I was his.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?