Monday, May 29, 2006

 

More from kidhood


These were opened tho the pack looks closed. We used to open them from the bottom sos not to break the seal. We figured it made them more valuable. I resealed the pack bottom years ago when I learned they were worth big $$$. Besides this is an all ages blog and the front is sexy enough.

I was about 14 I think when my cousin Norman came back from the Phillipines. It was 1947 or so. He was in the Navy during and after the war until Korea and he had all kinds of Vargas navy girl pinups. The cards were cool. He gave them to Ivan for souvenirs and I sneaked them out and kept them. I always felt bad about that. And then one time in the early 60's Ivan told me he knew I took them. he was laughing and said he would been surprised if I didn't take them. I wanted to give them back and he said what the hell would he do with them?

So 45 years later after stealing them almost 60 years ago, here they are for all to see, just not the faces. Hee.Hee.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?